By now, most of you know how much I love a bold eye; bonus points for artistic flair. So when I saw the below photo on Pinterest, I knew I had to try some variation of it.
The inspiration photo. Alice Ma: model; Natalie Ventola: hair &
makeup; photography: Alex Evans. Source: http://goo.gl/PCy2Ob
To begin the brush effect, I used a small fan brush from an art supply store; the bristles of that brush were very stiff, so not much product was dispensed but it gave me a guide to the types of marks I needed to make. I then went in with a small liner brush to strengthen those marks. The AMC Liner Gel dries really fast, so in some spots it started to look splotchy where went back with more product. In places where the liner got blotchy or too thick, I went in with a bit of concealer on a tiny brush and carved out some more spaces. And then, to make it look more spontaneous, I went back with the blue liner to erase any trace of the concealer.
Oh, and this post is the debut of my new BANGS! What do you guys think? I change my haircut very often so chances are I'll be growing them out in a few months, but it just felt like time to shake things up. I went for the messy, eyebrow-grazing variety favored by Françoise Hardy and Alexa Chung. Can't wait to start rocking chunky sweaters and scarves with these puppies!
- Revlon Photo-Ready BB Cream in Light
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly
- bareMinerals Foundation in Fair C10
- NYX's Powder Blush in Taupe
- Benefit High Beam
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Smashbox Master Class Palette: Butter, Nectar, Linen, Carbernet, Flirt
- MAC Eye Shadow in Nocturnelle
- L'Oréal Infallible Eye Shadow in Glistening Garnet
- Clinique Quickliner for Eyes in Intense Chocolate
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in #82
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in ECP03 Taupe/Ash
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
- Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
- e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Natural
Thanks for bearing through the excess of photos; a look like this changes greatly depending on the angle you view it from, so I wanted to provide as many as I could! Take care until next week!